Now that the cooler weather has arrived, here are 6 tips that will make your home feel cozier and more comfortable. These little inexpensive touches will transform the ambiance of your rooms, instantly.
1. Store away all summery accessories such as seashells, linen pillows, and any other accent that is related to warm weather.
2. Pull out chenille throws for sofas and beds and velvet, wool, or woven fabric accent pillows or pillow covers.
3. Add a folded comforter (covered by duvet cover) to the end of each bed, and flannel sheets, for extra warmth on chilly nights.
5. Display a couple of flowering branches, or a single branch of autumn-colored leaves, in a tall glass vase, to bring the outdoors inside.
6. Put out groups of beeswax or seasonal scented pillar candles on trays or in hurricane lamps to make your place smell as good as it looks.